A Day at the Races
Hey Everyone!
Paul and I had great fun this weekend. Hendrine invited us to come and watch her drive the track at the Intermarque Sprints. For those of you who don't know, Hendrine drives a 1985 Porche that is completely done up for racing. Complete with racing seats, roll cage, 5-point harnesses and really low seats, it is ready for the track. Paul and I drove up to the Fielding, NZ with Douglas, and we spent the day there. There were quite a few different kinds of cars on the track, from mini's to ferrari's and everything in between. It was great fun. Here are a few pictures of Hendrine in her car and on the track.

Besides all of the fun we actually are doing some work. I am at school 5 days a week and reading at home the rest of the time. Once a week I get to be in the elementary school doing some practice teaching. I start this Wednesday, so I don't know what it's like quite yet. I'm sure it will be great fun, I'm in a class with 5 year olds! I'm really happy with that because I think the younger students will be easier and will help me ease into this whole teaching thing! Paul is still looking for a job, he's put out quite a few resume's so far and we hope to hear back soon!
Life at home has been great, we are settling in here and really loving it. It's so nice to have animals in the house even though we miss Zoey and Kharmin a lot. Toby (the springer spaniel) is great fun. He spends hours entertaining us with his hilarious antics. Most days he spends a decent amount of time staring at the fire (we have no idea why), it is SO funny. When he's not doing that he's chasing shadows on the floor, running after birds and talking to the cat. It has been a treat to have such fun with the animals as it was really hard to leave ours behind. Here is a few pictures of the funny puppy.


I miss everyone back home, I'll talk to you soon!
Yolanda

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home