Still Bored
Yah, so I still don't have a full time job. I have had a bunch of really promising leads, and they all returned fruitless. I do have my information in at a temping agency, and they are pretty good. I worked on Friday and I will be working tomorrow. On Friday I worked in a department store moving an entire department from the first floor to the lower ground level, which is a total of 3 floors. The department I moved was the women's lingerie department. Yah.
So this past weekend I ended up driving here for the first time. I drove back from the airport as Debs and Chris were gone this weekend. I actually was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. It's pretty natural to just drive. I do have to concentrate on which side I turn into when taking a corner, but I haven't made and mistakes that I know of. Two things drive me really crazy 1) the wiper switch and signal switch are opposite, and I keep wiping the windows when I turn. and 2) getting into the car. It's just not natural to get in with a steering wheel in the way on the right side of the car.
Yah, so atleast I got to drive so far, it is good to get to drive again after 2 and 1/2 weeks of not. Debs said that we could even use the car more often as soon as they get their second car fixed. Although I don't think that we'll drive all that much, just because gas...petrol...costs atleast $1.70 a litre. Hope that makes your prices seem a little more reasonable. The prices are supposed to jump this summer too. So far all we have seen is Wellington here so far, but soon we hope to travel and see a bit more.
We met a friend of Hendrine's, Anna, who hasn't seen Hendrine in about 3 years. Anna's husband now might be able to get me a job, might take me snowboarding and for sure will get me onto a rugby team in a couple of months. So that's rather exciting and I hope they all happen.
I think that's all the new news I have right now. Hope everyone is enjoying their wonderful summer back home.
Paul

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home