Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The big move :)

We have finally moved into the new house! We spent the entire long weekend (it was labour day weekend here) moving everything over, cleaning and organizing. It was a lot of fun, but an awful lot of work. The house is absolutely gorgeous! It's like walking into a secret garden, as it is absolutely covered in roses, clematis, wisteria, japanese maples and calla lillies! And, every single room in the house has a sliding glass door to the outside. It is really pretty, and there is tons of space for everyone. Not to mention the fact that it backs on to the cemetary...which just happens to be Toby's (the springer spaniel) favourite place to walk!! It is the best possible house for everyone involved....we are all very happy there. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will do that soon and get them up on the blog! For those of you that are coming to New Zealand, we definately have a place for you to stay. There is a choice of two couches and even an entire spare room for visitors! That's just a subtle way of saying that everyone should fly half way around the world just to visit me...I'm not selfish or anything! :) haha

Besides that, there isn't a whole lot going on. Paul is still working a LOT of hours and I'm still ploughing through assignments at school. We're very busy, but extremely happy with our temporary home in NZ. We are finding New Zealand VERY expensive, and are often having a hard time sticking to our budget! It is very tempting to just travel, eat out, go to the movies and any other costly entertainment. But, with our restricted finances, it's pretty easy to choose all of the free things to do in Wellington. Their national museum (Te Papa) is a free attraction...so we've been there a few times.

Oh, and in a few weeks we are going to have a big American/Canadian thanksgiving day feast...b/c kiwi's don't celebrate thanksgiving. We have decided to celebrate our beloved turkey day despite New Zealand's holiday omission. We have invited 2 Americans and 4 Canadians over to join us on a Saturday night to eat turkey and have some fun! It should be a really great time.

We miss you all SO much, and we are hoping that you guys will comment on our blogs...we haven't heard from anyone in a while!!
Yolanda

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Every time I hear about your new adventures and see more beautiful photos, I can't help but get jealous! I so wish I could come and visit!! It sounds like you guys have been very blessed throughout your time there - especially with this new place to live. Keep the photos and stories coming. :)

5:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home