Christmas Vacation Part Two
There is just so much to tell about our recent trip, that I didn't think I could fit it all into one post! After our trip to Cape Reinga and back, we stayed in Paihia for another few days. The bach that we rented was so nice that we ended up booking it for another night. We all really loved it there, I'll show you a few pictures at to why :)


It must be the fantastic view!

Most of our time in Paihia was spent relaxing at the Bach and playing board games, but Paul and I were feeling a bit adventurous. We decided to take a walk down to the harbour and see what kind of activities were being offered. One lady presented us with the idea of parasailing, and we simply couldn't resist! What a trip! It is actually very peaceful 1200 feet in the air, a highly recommended excursion. This is us enjoying ourselves in the sky, taking in the sights at the breathtaking Bay of Islands (which btw is appropriately named).
Harnesses on...

Parachute up...

Strapped in...
Up, Up and Away!


That was the last full day of our stay in Paihia, which was full of much needed relaxation. It was a fabulous trip that still wasn't over. From Paihia, we drove down back through Auckland and up into the Coromandel peninsula. We spent two nights in Coromandel Town and took a day trip to Whitianga. Coromandel, for me, was the highlight of the whole trip. Between Catherdral Cove and Hot Water Beach, it was simply amazing! Cathedral Cove is a giant cave that covers some gorgeous white sand on the eastern shore. It was much bigger than I had though it would be, and the surrounding landscape was just as stunning. It also happened to be a beautiful day with lovely blue skies; excellent for taking fabulous photographs.




We then drove up the coast a short time to Hot Water Beach which has a very descriptive name. The beach itself, once you dig down into it, produces hot water. The ocean, of course, remains quite cold but there is a hot water stream that runs beneath the sand. So, we brought a shovel along and dug ourselves our own little hot pool. 


Sorry about the long post, I just couldn't help myself! We had such an amazing time, I wanted to share it all :)
Can't wait to hear some comments, hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Year!!
Yo

5 Comments:
Sounds like you had a great time, hope you survive the 3 weeks in Wellington till we hit the south island
Hope 2007 is a great year for you both full of pleasant surprises and new careers
See you soon
Marinus
11:50 AM
hey guys,
wow. i'd love to travel with you guys one day. i'm sure we'd get on great. you love to do fun things and see beautiful places (although in NZ i'm sure it's hard to find NOT beautiful places). Have a great start to the new year. Paul is that facial hair i see?
Rach
11:45 AM
soooo... when i'm old like you guys, lets all go back to NZ so I can experience all these wonders! Those are gorgeous photos!
I can't believe you're stealing dad for my birthday! He's so lucky to go to you guys :)
Yo, when you come home, Leanne and I have decided on a girls day where we're going to find a place that does those vintage photos (where you dress up in oldschool dresses and get a picture taken). I hope you're up for it! Luv you guys :)
9:40 AM
My Christmas was great, although not as exotic as yours! :) It was pretty quiet, as my parents were in Winnipeg visiting Reuben & Heidi.
I agree that these blogs are great - it's so easy to share photos with others! You guys better keep updating when you return to 'the homeland.' Have a great time with your dad!
3:59 PM
Sounds like you all had an awesome time!! I can't wait to see more pictures when you get back! Can you believe it's just a month away now?? Kharmin and I can't wait to see you!!
7:35 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home