A few more things to add :)
Hi everyone,
Though Paul did a great job reporting on our South Island road trip, I still had a few more things to talk about from the last few weeks.
Paul's dad (Marinus) arrived in New Zealand on January 17th, and we had a great time while he was here. He was only here for twelve days, and we spent six of them on the road down south.
While we were still in Wellington, Paul and I still had to go to work so that we could afford our luxurious trip ;) Here's a few pictures of us at Molly's both at work and enjoying a nice meal.


We also went to the chocolate fish cafe, which is an adorable little place on the waterfront. It's unique feature is the fact that the road runs between the cafe and the outdoor waterfront seating area.

We also went to visit the botanical gardens where we took in a free outdoor country music concert. Of course, Paul was glad that he missed it! It was really nice to sit outside, and as it grew darker in the park, the lights on the gardens were quite the sight.

I also wanted to post a few pictures of my own personal highlights from the road trip. Paul covered most of the bases of what we did, but left out the little things that I really loved.
Feeding a horse just outside of our campground

Panning for gold at a funny little tourist trap called Shantytown

A strong sense of accomplisment after climbing over 500 steps to get to the glacier

Drinking crystal clear glacial water

Seeing Comet McNaught (look closely!)

Sipping cocktails from a glass made of ice at Minus 5 (a bar made of ice)


and taking pictures of whatever we saw along the way!!



Thanks for checking in us and I look forward to hearing a few comments :)
Yolanda

5 Comments:
Thanks for the photo tour! I especially liked the one of your dad on the racecourse. :) I'm glad you had a chance to do some last minute exploring before heading back to the northern hemisphere - you've made me want to travel to NZ more than ever! And if you do get bored with flat Niagara, just remember that there are places with stunning mountain views to the west with people more than happy to host you!
8:29 AM
Hey Yo
The ice bar looked really cool. Apparently we have one in T.O. right now. I almost went with my work Christmas party but everyone (except me) was a little to drunk so we had to go home. but hey maybe next year. I Can't wait to see you on the 16.
4:57 AM
Hey, welcome home (even though i'm not there). I hope you settle back in alright. I don't have your number with me in England so could you send it so I can make a surprise phone call one day? Or get hooked with skype, it's sweet. Or just come over to England.
Rach
6:12 AM
Hey, welcome home (even though i'm not there). I hope you settle back in alright. I don't have your number with me in England so could you send it so I can make a surprise phone call one day? Or get hooked with skype, it's sweet. Or just come over to England.
Rach
6:12 AM
What's this? Now that you've returned to the homeland you leave your blog to collect dust? What about those of us who live on the West Coast? (or anywhere else that isn't your hometown, for that matter!) We want updates! :)
1:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home