Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home Again

Well hello everyone!
I know it has been a while since we have posted, but I figured I should at least tell everyone that we are actually home :) We arrive home on February 9, at 9:30pm. We were picked up by our parents (both sides!) and were taken right to Harvey's. Yes Harvey's. Paul and I were very hungry and were desperate to have some good ole North American fast food! It was delicious and satisfying. We then went home for a short nights sleep. We couldn't seem to fall asleep because we were still on New Zealand time which is six hours behind (technically its eighteen hours ahead but six is easier to calculate!).

But we are home and back into the routine of every day life. It's nice to have this kind of stability again, but we really miss the excitement and carefree nature of the past eight months. Travelling and seeing a bit of the world was amazing, but even more amazing was all of the friends that we have met and hope to keep in touch with.

So, currently Paul and I are both working full-time. Paul is in Construction right now until he can get on to the Police Force. He applied to work for the Niagara Regional Police Service last week and we are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets in!! As for me, I have many prospects on the horizon, but in the meantime I am paying the bills by working at Broadway Gardens for the SEVENTH season in a row! I do enjoy the garden centre atmosphere and it is very stress free. It will definately keep me occupied until I can find something else. The plan is to work as a tutor in some sort of capicity. Right now it looks like I will be working for a Church outreach program called the "Learning Centre". It's a tutoring centre for both elementary and secondary school students to get homework help or other assistance with school. I would be the director of the program and also be involved in working with students. As long as everything goes smoothly, I should be taking over the centre in June.

We are back in our old house again and living with my cousin Leah. She had been taking care of Kharmin (our lab/chow dog) while we were away. It works out really well to have her rooming with us as we get along great and Kharmin loves her. We are very happy to have Leah as part of our little family. We also have a new little member of the family. His name is Mosh. Mosh is Leah's adorable long-haired black cat. He's a bit weird at times, but he always makes us laugh!

We spent a weekend up in Peterborough visiting Dave, Amber and their new baby Caleb. Okay, so he's not that new, but we hadn't met him yet. He is extremely adorable and we had a great time with them. Here's a few pictures of us with Caleb (they have been borrowed from Amb & Dave's blog which you can check out at www.andhemakesthree.blogspot.com).





















Well, that's about it for now, I will try to keep updating. I think I might have to create a new blog that isn't called "Our non-New Zealand life that isn't quite as exciting to read about" or something like that! haha
Thanks for checking in on us :)
Yolanda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home